System Architect Designer (SyAD®)
A tool for system simulation and design
SyAD® is a design and simulation framework for system design of heterogeneous microelectronic systems. SyAD® 2010 provides seamless design and integration of concurrent developed subsystems within an easy to use co-simulation framework.
SyAD® 2010 can be the platform to perform homogenous simulations, mixed signal / mixed level simulations, HW/SW co-simulations and integrate even non electrical components. SyAD® 2010 saves design time by leaving the models in their original environment and programming language.
- Generation of heterogeneous simulation environments
- Connect all major simulators from EDA industry
- One interface to control all simulators
- HW / SW Co-simulation – FPGA or µC integration
System engineering data backbone
- Client- Server structure with user rights management
- Knowledge Management (documentation, datasheets,…)
- Support cooperative design work
- Multi chip / multi site design
- EDA tool configuration facilities
- IP library exchange and management
Multi-HDL Modeling environment
- Development environment for multi-HDL modeling
- Graphical editor for system configuration
SyAD® is a simulation framework for system design of heterogeneous microelectronic systems.
Most of the popular simulators from commercial EDA vendors can be used within this system. Furthermore, the SyAD® environment provides on demand a comprehensive IP library of simulation models for the most common hardware description languages.
The Simulation Framework Generator SFG – the core module of SyAD® – generates automatically all required simulation sources, simulator interfaces, configurations, control scripts and prepares all captured simulation results. The SFG’s control service selects the proper simulator instances and deducts a parallel and distributed co-simulation.
SyAD® is designed as a distributed client-server application including open interfaces to the most established design systems and simulators. Due to the client-server application multiple connections to the simulations are guaranteed. The platform independent user interface communicates via a secure https protocol with the core applications of SyAD® ‘s framework.
- Hierarchical system development for multidomain applications
- Virtual prototyping and test engineering
- System verification using behavioral modeling
- HW/SW co-simulation e.g.:
- FBGA based co-simulation for RFID Systems
- μC based co-simulation for automotive power management in hybrid vehicles
Starting from a homogeneous top level description of an entire system with e.g. Matlab/Simulink SyAD® allows individual transfer of its components and subsystems to analog/digital/mixed hardware descriptions in e.g. VHDL(- AMS), Verilog(-AMS), MAST and SystemC either by mapping with corresponding library elements or by a fully automated transfer.
|SyAD® Base Components|
|Design System Link|
|Export-/Importtool for Cadence|
|Simulator Link Options|
|Cadence Design Systems: Virtuoso® AMS Designer|
|The Mathworks: Matlab® Simulink|
|The Mathworks: Matlab® Stateflow|
|Mentor Graphics®: ADVanceMS™|
|Mentor Graphics®: Modelsim®|
|Open Modelica: Modelica|
|Co-Simulation Interface (CSI)|
|CSI for Virtuoso® AMS Designer Simulator|
|CSI for Matlab® Simulink|
|CSI for Matlab® Stateflow|
|CSI for ADVanceMS™|
|CSI for Modelsim®|
|CSI for Saber®|
|CSI for SystemC|
|CISC Automotive Bus System Lib|
|CISC Base Components Lib|
available partly available not available