NFC + RAIN RFID Design Services
CISC is a one-stop solution enabler for RAIN RFID and NFC design services from feasibility studies, prototype design, conformance and performance tests, development of OEM modules and full production including global certification to support customers to be ahead in design and in market introduction. The RAIN RFID and NFC design services include:
- Antenna and frontend design
- Application design and development
- System integration
- Engineering services and support
- Standardization updates
Antenna and Frontend Design
CISC has a huge expertise in antenna design working at a frequency of 13.56 MHz. (ISO/IEC 14443, ISO/IEC 15693, ISO/IEC 18092, ISO/IEC 21481, ISO/IEC 18000-3, NFC Forum standards) and used in different form factors like smartcards, tags, fobs, wearables, earbuds, and gaming devices. Additionally, we cover antenna design for NFC readers and wireless charging.
We offer the following antenna design services:
- Implementation of NFC antennas to an existing device or a prototype device.
- Design of antennas with the respect to required antenna size, position, NFC communication range and best power transfer efficiency in case of wireless charging.
- Feedback about the minimum requirements of an antenna (size, number of the turns….) for their device.
- Part of antenna design is an impedance matching to the required NFC IC/wireless charging system.
- Support on system performance as NFC range and power transfer efficiency.
Application Design and Development
CISC offers a complete solution for application design and development covering hardware design & engineering, embedded software development, mobile app development, cloud integration, quality engineering, certifications & production support. CISC provides a modular set of software and hardware libraries and IP blocks to minimize the time-to-market for smart, connected and secure IoT devices.
Extending the RFID and NFC capabilities with embedded systems experience, production knowledge and certification experience, CISC provides prototypes including firmware, mobile applications (Android and iOS), software, production integration and also OEM module manufacturing with outsourcing partners.
Engineering Services and Support
CISC provides comprehensive Engineering and Design Services to help our customers to achieve success in the development and realization of advanced electronic products and systems. Therefore CISC offers an all-around carefree package including
- Use Case Development and Requirement Engineering
- Customized, interoperable and proven NFC Solution Design
- Design-in Phase
- Certification Support
- Mass-production Support by an ISO certified product development process
CISC has more than 20 years of experience in the RFID and NFC market and is an active member of the following international standardisation and working groups:
- Austrian ASI K001 – Information technologies
- Austrian ASI AG 001.31 – RFID for Item Management
- AIM Germany
- ETSI (e.g. ERM TG34 RFID)
- GS1 / EPCglobal Inc.
- ISO/IEC JTC1 (e.g. SC31 and WG4 – Radio communications (RFID, RTLS, Security)
- LPRA (Low Power Radio Organization)
- NFC Forum: Chair for wireless charging task force
- NFC Forum: Project editor for wireless charging testing task force
- RAIN Alliance Group
- Silicon Alps