- Predictive maintenance without high data transfer to the cloud
- Comfortable commissioning of additional sensors
- Secure wireless communications
- Wireless charging of devices
- Cloud platform for remote management
Applications that require the collection of many distributed measurements usually require a lot of manual configuration. Additionally, the collection measurements and sending them to a server for analysis leads to high network traffic to the cloud. The edge gateway is equipped with an NFC interface to conveniently add new sensors to the measurement system and
also exchange shared secrets that are used to encrypt the wireless communication link between sensors and gateway. Due to the processing power of the edge gateway, it processed and analyzes the measurements to identify irregularities. Furthermore, self-learning algorithms can be used in the analysis to achieve e.g. precise predictive maintenance.